The marvellous village of Mariakirchen and its moated castle are situated only a one-hour drive from the Munich Airport.
The castle was built in 1550 by Georg von Closen and his lady wife Barbara von Nothaft. Over the centuries, the building´s condition deteriorated enormously, until it was extensively renovated along with the former stables in 2003. The Schlossbräu Marakirchen came into existence, includnig an in-house brewery and a cozy beergarden. The castle was redeveloped by implementing various rooms for events and conferences.
In 2007, the modern Schlossparkhotel Mariakirchen with 35 rooms was built in the adjacent park. Later, rooms were rebuilt and installed in the castle itself, and in 2016 the facility was expanded with the neighboring Hofwirt. So we now have 54 rooms in three areas.