The noble family of St. Mariakirchen has already been mentioned in a document. Main tower probably from this period.
Alban the Closner bought the Hofmark Mariakirchen.
The married couple Georg von Closen and Barbara von Nothaft built the moated castle in its present form. The stone-framed Renaissance portal in the courtyard of the castle with the Closen-Nothaft marriage coat of arms testifies to this. Today the castle offers ample opportunities for conferences, cultural events and celebrations of all kinds.
Baron von Pfötten bought the castle. It was owned by the von Pfötten family until 1810.
The baroque fountain in the courtyard of the palace and the palace chapel with the wonderful ceiling painting were created. This shows the Mother of God by Loretto as well as the then known four continents and the four elements (fire, air, water, earth).
Ignaz Freiherr von Pfetten built the brewery belonging to the castle on the other side of the street. Here, as was customary in the past, beer was mainly brewed for personal use. Collapse in 2000. The foundation walls can still be seen today.
The stately stable building with Bohemian vaults was built and used for agricultural purposes until after the Second World War. Although it was a listed building, the building was released for demolition in 2000 due to its desolate state of construction. Nevertheless, we decided to keep this beautiful vault.
Fire, the pointed roof is replaced by battlements.
Until 1854: there were four different owners.
The Counts of Deym from Arnstorf acquired Mariakirchen Castle. It was in their possession until 2002.
The Lindner company buys the castle with the outbuilding and park. The Schlossbräu, a house brewery with an inn and beer garden, was built in the old stables. The beer types light, dark, wheat beer and the low-alcohol Scheps are brewed directly in the brewery, are natural and unfiltered. The beer tastes particularly good with a Bavarian snack.
The Schlossparkhotel opened its doors. The new building with its green glass facade dips deep into the castle park and thus forms an exciting contrast to the historical ambience of the moated castle. The 35 rooms are kept in a modern style and are characterized by clear geometric shapes. The four-star Schlossparkhotel closes the circle: meetings, celebrations and sleeping at Mariakirchen Castle.
The first mk | hotel was opened in Munich by Schlossbräu Mariakirchen GmbH. In the following years twelve more houses were built.
The Schlossparkhotel was expanded to include the neighboring Hofwirt. The 14 hotel rooms, the bowling alley and the theater hall complete the offer at Mariakirchen Castle.
Obere Hofmark | 394424 Arnstorf